Upon completing this course, you will be able to:
- Have a good understanding of the different Datadog Synthetic tests and know when you should one or the other
- Set up monitoring on your API endpoints for basic validation as well as sophisticated workflows testing
- Create and run tests to ensure key user journeys are always available to your end users
- Configure actionable alerts that will notify the right people in case of issue with your application
This beginner level course is designed for DevOps and QA engineers who want to start proactively monitoring their APIs and ensuring key journeys are always accessible to their end users. UX and Product engineers would also likely benefit from this course.
The prerequisites for this course are the following:
- Completion of the Learning Environment course
- Familiarity with the main Datadog products and how to navigate the Datadog app
- Knowledge of how web applications work
- Familiarity with the notion of APIs
- The Datadog 101: Developer or Datadog 101:SRE course is recommended.
In order to complete the course, you will need:
Google Chrome or Firefox
At the bottom of each lesson, click MARK LESSON COMPLETE AND CONTINUE button so that you are marked complete for each lesson and can receive the certificate at the end of the course.
Course Enrollment Period
Please note that your enrollment in this course ends after 30 days. You can re-enroll at any time and pick up where you left off.
About Synthetic Tests
Multistep API Tests
Test Locations, Monitoring, and Alerts
Lab: Creating Synthetic Tests
About this course
- 9 lessons
- 50 mins