Learn techniques for composing an executive Dashboard that displays a mix of preset and custom widgets. You’ll track business objectives via custom metrics from logs and set performance goals by creating synthetic browser tests and setting an SLO.
Many users, from product managers to SREs, can take advantage of data visualization and analytic capabilities. Along the way, you’ll become more productive by using techniques and shortcuts on everyday Datadog tasks.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Understand best practices for working with Dashboard visualizations, specifically to highlight high level application and business health.
- Demonstrate improved Dashboard usage and scalability with template variables, powerpacks, and more.
- Learn to leverage custom metrics to gain business insights.
- Implement Synthetic Monitoring to track application health.
- Use SLOs to set clear performance objectives.
This intermediate level course is designed for anyone who builds, uses, or regularly interacts with Datadog Dashboards.
In order to complete the course, you will need:
- Google Chrome or Firefox
Course Enrollment Period
Creating an Executive Dashboard
Create Business-Critical Insights Using Dashboards and SLOs
- 2 hours to complete