Upon completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand how the Datadog API works, the API can do, and the variety of ways that you can communicate with it.
- Use Postman to explore the Datadog API collection, and post and query log entries
- Use cURL to detect metrics by type and service tag, and publish events to Datadog to track provisioning progress
- Use Dogshell to perform the above tasks and create a dashboard
- Run Python scripts to perform many of the same actions
- Use Terraform to provision a small web application, and simultaneously create a monitor and dashboard for the application
This intermediate level course is designed primarily for DevOps Engineers. Anyone who wants to automate their Datadog workflows will find this course useful.
The prerequisites for this course are the following:
- Completion of the Learning Environment course
- Knowledge of Datadog Events, Logs, Monitors, and Dashboards
- Able to use a Linux command line shell
- Basic programming skills in any language
- Familiarity with editing code in an IDE
In order to complete the course, you will need:
Google Chrome or Firefox
At the bottom of each lesson, click MARK LESSON COMPLETE AND CONTINUE button so that you are marked complete for each lesson and can receive the certificate at the end of the course.
Course Enrollment Period
Please note that your enrollment in this course ends after 30 days. You can re-enroll at any time and pick up where you left off.
The Datadog API
Lab: Command Line
Lab: Client Libraries
About this course
- 8 lessons
- 2 hours