Upon completing this course, you will be able to:
- View where Core Web Vitals are tracked on the frontend
- Understand what they imply on the backend
- Use RUM to gather and analyze Core Web Vital insights to create and foster an optimized user experience for web applications
The primary audience for this lab is frontend engineers and SREs who will use Datadog to understand how to measure, track, and use CWVs to optimize the front end app performance, that are both in development and in production.
The prerequisites for this course are the following:
- Completion of the Learning Environment course
- Familiarity with the Datadog platform
- Firm understanding of how the browser loads resources such as JS and CSS, as well as the distinction between server-side processing and frontend rendering
- Able to use a Linux command line shell
- Basic programming skills in any language
- Familiarity with editing code in an IDE
- Knowledge of how web applications work
In order to complete the course, you will need:
Google Chrome or Firefox
At the bottom of each lesson, click MARK LESSON COMPLETE AND CONTINUE button so that you are marked complete for each lesson and can receive the certificate at the end of the course.
Course Enrollment Period
Please note that your enrollment in this course ends after 30 days. You can re-enroll at any time and pick up where you left off.
Core Web Vitals Lab
About this course
- 3 lessons
- 1 hour