The Datadog Agent is software that collects events and metrics and sends them to Datadog, where you can analyze your monitoring and performance data. The Datadog Agent is open source and runs in many environments and operating systems.
This course will teach you how to run and configure the containerized Datadog Agent to collect events and metrics from other containers as well the container runtime host.
Environments in which the Datadog Agent container can run include:
- Cloud implementations of the above:
- Amazon Web Services’ ECS/EKS
- Google Cloud Platform’s GKE
- Microsoft Azure Container Instances
Upon completing this course, you will be able to:
- Run the Agent container alongside services orchestrated with Docker Compose
- Configure Agent features and behavior using environment variables
- Assess Agent health and configuration using its CLI interface
- Add Unified Service Tags and other metadata to monitored services using container labels
- Navigate the Datadog App to identify the events, metrics, and logs that the Agent has collected
DevOps, SRE, or software engineers who want use the Datadog Agent in a containerized environment.
The Learning Environment course will introduce you to the hands-on lab environment that you will use in most Learning Center courses.
Learners should be comfortable configuring system software and working with Docker containers.
In order to complete the course, you will need:
- Google Chrome or Firefox
Course Enrollment Period
About the Agent Container
Lab: The Agent on Docker
The Agent on Docker
- 1 hours to complete